Berkshire Hathaway GUARD offers a collaborative company culture with outstanding benefits and competitive compensation. Our organization is expanding throughout the United States, and we’re looking for talented individuals to join our team and establish a rewarding career with us.
Our success is founded on our strong reputation, and we have received an A+ “Superior” grade by the leading independent insurance rating organization. Backed by our ultimate parent company, Berkshire Hathaway Inc., our brand is founded upon trust, service, and innovation. If you’re looking for an employer with integrity and flexibility, keep reading to learn about our benefits and job openings.
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Closed on all major holidays
- Healthcare benefits begin on your first day of employment
- 401K with company match and profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
- Discover opportunities to advance your career
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., one of the world’s most admired companies
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll get a great understanding of our insurance policies and pitch them to business and home owners who reach out to us to help them with their insurance. You’ll investigate and listen to their concerns, match our products to their needs and be comfortable presenting the solution and finalizing the sale. You’re going to be talking to customers over the phone. A lot. And you’ll use email regularly as well. You’ll approach your clients with a “helping” attitude rather than a “selling” attitude. People like to be helped, not sold something.
What You’re Good At
You have killer keyboard skills and have no problem speaking over the phone with someone who needs help. You’re a good note-taker and like to button up all the details as you work. You enjoy working as a team rather than on your own, and you are always open to learning new things and improving your skills. You prefer a fast-paced environment and make friends easily.
- Currently possess an insurance license (P&C) or are willing to obtain one within the first 30 days of hire
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft platform
- Adept and comfortable at multi-tasking