Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab has been doing in-house, native mobile development for several years but every business channel in Schwab is increasing their presence on the mobile platform. We are looking to grow a high performing, engaged mobile development team that is passionate about delivering an excellent mobile experience for our users, from checking account balances to complex trading, Schwab’s ever growing mobile user base is asking for more features and more and interesting visualizations and interactions. Come join the team and make your mark on a highly distributed, visible and valued product.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare specifications, design, develop and support mobile applications and prepare documentation per Schwab mobile best practices.
- Assess and optimize designs through review, evaluation tools and analysis to ensure appropriate user experiences for phones and tablets.
- Create and perform unit testing for the spectrum of mobile devices.
- Build native mobile apps, support the mobile systems in production and resolve and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Prepare documentation for new development work while maintaining Schwab development standards.
What you have:
- 1-3 years of software development experience mobile application development experience highly desirable
- Experience in writing automated unit tests.
- Experience with Iterative Development methodologies such as TDD or ATDD
- Understanding of technical issues, designs, best practices Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Enterprise development experience highly desirable Strong interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, analytic, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication Excellent written/verbal communication skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more aboutLife@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Austin|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Monday, March 11, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019