At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. We push the boundaries of innovation, and drive advances in various sciences. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS) is looking for you to join our team as an Associate ISSO/Cyber Information Assurance Analyst based out of Iuka, MS.
- Administering the Information Assurance Data Transfer Agent (DTA) duties for information systems processing National Security Information.
- Ensure all government mandated requirements associated with data transfers are implemented and functional.
- Assist the ISSO with approved data transfer process and two-person integrity (TPI) policy execution for your areas of responsibilities.
- Will conduct associated task(s) as prescribed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Developing and maintaining RMF packages for classified information systems.
- Preparing and analyzing test results for development into a POA&M.
- Providing information security support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Performing software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security self-reviews.
- Ensuring configuration management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented.
- Performing evaluation and obtain authorization for new software, hardware, and firmware use before implementation on the system.
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and providing guidance on mitigating risks.
- Initiating, with the approval of the ISSM, protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensuring that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
- Representing IA in security, project, and technical exchange meetings.
- Performing system administration tasks to include desktop support, and network administration functions. Occasionally provide support to unclassified Corporate Networks.
- Ensuring that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before creating new user accounts.
- This position will mainly be for a modified 2nd shift with weekend support.
- Limited travel within the continental United States may be required.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
- Bachelor's degree and 0 years of experience OR- 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a deree
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a background investigation within the last 5 years.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Security+ certification in compliance with DoD 8570 within 6 months from start date.
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems
- Ability to Lift max 40 lbs. (occasionally required).
- Prior ISSO experience
- Experience with national security information system related security requirements (e.g. JSIG, RMF, DIACAP or NISPOM) to include technical computer/network system auditing.
- Risk Management Framework experience.
- Experience in the use of MS Windows Operating systems.
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems .
- Knowledge of computer forensics tools and investigative methodologies.
What Will Make You Successful:
- Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision.
- Effective writing, speaking, analytical, and customer service skills.
- Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment, with demanding deadlines while ensuring internal/external customer needs are met.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.