No Relocation Assistance Offered
#85530 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
The role leads meetings with internal clients, develops and presents recommendations including comprehensive analysis and highlighting of issues, creates action plans, formulates arguments and manages legal knowledge management systems.
- Provide advice to clients and progress contract matters from initial meeting through advice, contract drafting, negotiation and final conclusion.
- Provides autonomous advice, guidance and counsel to the internal business clients regarding the appropriate legal framework and contractual embodiment of that framework for relationships between Hill's and its third party suppliers.
- Progress matters from initial meeting through advice, contract drafting, negotiation and final conclusion, where possible.
- Partner with CP attorneys and/or outside counsel for drafting resolutions and minutes in preparation of Board of Director and Shareholder meetings.
- Prepares request for approval of CP Subsidiary Action Approval.
- Reviews/Drafts Board documents for various Hill's legal entities, progressing subsidiary action approval requests per internal process.
- Liaison with Hill’s attorneys on Intercompany Administrative Services, Distribution, Sales, Line of Credit/Loan, Agreements, etc
- Performs general legal activities, including coordinating internal witnesses, deposition schedules/certifications for support on litigation matters, assistance with insurance matters (liaising with CP Risk Management regarding insurance provisions in leases, contracts, certificates of insurance and surety bonds) ,
- Drafts legal letters and resolves demands involving relevant Colgate Palmolive and Hill's stakeholders.
- Performs legal research necessary for Hill’s to respond to discovery requests.
- Performs legal research and prepares summaries and advice based on research.
Basic Required Qualificatons:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- JD or equivalent legal qualification in a foreign jurisdiction
- Admission to US or foreign bar
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Drive
- Legal research and proficiency with legal database tools (Pacer, Westlaw, Bloomberg)
- Proven ability to organize, manage and interpret a high volume of legal information
- Strong drafting skills
- Previous experience in a corporate law department or law firm
- At least 3 years previous work experience in a legal capacity in a corporate law department working with senior counsel and senior business leaders
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.