Primary duty is to ensure the timely and accurate assembly of Toyota Material Handling's products and to support overall manufacturing goals.
Essential Position Duties:
* Setup and operate production equipment including: drills, CNC lathes and machining centers, presses (straightening hydraulic 100 ton, 300 ton, and 500 to 1000 ton presses), CNC auto programming, band saws, plasma cutter, laser cutting equipment, saws & shot blast
* Safely operate cranes to move material throughout the facility
* Safely operate powered industrial vehicles (PIV's) to move material through the facility and load products in to outbound shipping containers, dependent on assignment
* Responsible for safe setup and operation of equipment
* Report and correct quality problems
* Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
* Additional duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
* High school diploma or GED required
* Previous manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals will be required to perform all job duties while walking and/or standing for extended periods of time on hard surfaces. The work for this position is very physical in nature with repetitive tasks. This means it is fast paced; you must be detail oriented. You must be able to stoop, bend, twist, turn, squat, reach, push, pull, grab or grasp. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 44 pounds.
Primary environment for this position is a warehouse/ factory environment. The Toyota shop floor is not climate controlled and internal temperatures will be relative to the external temperatures and temperature forecasts.
About Toyota Material Handling
Let Toyota take your career to new heights. Toyota Material Handling provides employees with the opportunity to make a meaningful impact through innovation and creativity in an unmatched culture.
Based in Columbus, Indiana, Toyota offers a full line of high-quality material handling equipment sold under the Toyota brand for over 50 years. We are proud of our large and diverse workforce. We seek individuals committed to excellence with talent, skill and innovation. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with a pleasant and challenging work environment. Life is better at Toyota.
Benefits that set Toyota apart:
* Competitive Salary bonus program
* Low cost Medical with Free Dental and Free Vision Insurance
* Free On-Site Medical Center
* On-Site Pharmacy
* Free On-Site Recreational Complex
Affirmative Action Responsibility:
It is the Company's policy to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled