The New York Times is one of the world’s most influential news organizations with 50 news bureaus around the New York region, the nation and the globe. The Times is known for accuracy, depth and authority and produces award-winning journalism, breaking news coverage, opinion and commentary along with deep databases of content and rich multimedia presentations. The New York Times has won 119 Pulitzer Prizes and Citations, far more than any other news organization.
The Associate Manager, Media Strategy will help shape the next phase of our growth through responsibility to:
Manage acquisition (direct response) strategy and planning of Paid Social and Paid Search alongside agency and platform partners
Identify strategic opportunities
Share responsibility for achieving OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
Campaign Management & Execution: Manage end-to-end planning and execution of acquisition Paid Social and Paid Search, in partnership with cross-functional creative and media partners to execute flawlessly. Own marketing campaign planning documentation, budget and execution calendar. Coordinate the development of marketing assets across platforms and channels, and analyze campaign performance in partnership with Audience Insights Group and Data Insights Group.
Creative Strategy: Work cross-functionally with Audience Insights Group and Brand Creative to champion the voice of the consumer. Craft and deliver inspiring creative briefs that ensure all creative for acquisition is on-brand, timely, relevant to and resonant with target audience. Throughout the creative development process, guide creative and content strategy to help define, effectively evaluate and bring to life the creative idea.
Marketing Strategy: Work cross-functionally with DIG, AIG, Finance/Strategy and Media to mine business data and consumer insights. Determine key trends and action on them to further drive acquisition results.
Ongoing Testing : Ensure continued innovation by recommending new acquisition marketing strategies (including defined hypotheses and success criteria). Test to expand reach, increase relevance, refine segmentation and targeting and engage new users. In addition, coordinate project plans and develop marketing assets for these test & learn initiatives.
Collaboration : Partner closely with Media Marketing colleagues in Growth, Engagement & Journalism, and Brand missions. Partner with Marketing, Creative, Product, Engineering, Newsroom, Audience Insights and other groups on strategy, implementation and performance of acquisition campaigns. Develop strong relationships to ensure that all campaigns and programs are launched on time and managed efficiently.
- A four-year bachelor's degree
- Four plus years experience in Paid Search and Paid Social performance marketing and/or related fields
- In-platform Social experience building, optimizing and reporting (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- In-platform Search experience building, optimizing and reporting (e.g. Google Ads, Bing, Kenshoo)
- Experience with strategic pixel implementation: event tracking, audience creation and optimization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to interpret and organize data and identify key insights
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to accurately and concisely share ideas, objectives and results with key stakeholders
- Experience writing and delivering creative briefs, shaping creative strategy, giving constructive creative feedback and stewarding a marketing initiative from brief to execution
- Passion for The New York Times and our subscription business
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and making colleagues successful throughout the company
- Enthusiasm for learning — and for receiving, sharing and acting on regular feedback
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.