Do you have a curiosity in healthy foods, agriculture, and business operations? An eagerness for driving and implementing strategic initiatives that directly impact and drive business growth? Are you looking for a strategy leadership role that offers a pathway to future operator opportunities?
As The Wonderful Company accelerates and pushes to expand its reach, we continue to build a high performing Strategy Group to help us achieve ambitious goals. As a privately-held, vertically-integrated company with over a dozen businesses we enjoy a significant competitive advantage allowing us to achieve the highest standard of quality, integrity and success. Over the last five years, Wonderful has doubled in size to $4B in revenue and we are on pace to continue this trajectory. The Strategy Group members are essential partners in this success.
The Strategy Group:
Joining a sizeable group of 30 ppl with a mix of management consulting and agriculture backgrounds, the Associate Manager will partner with team directors in project planning, team management, and execution of projects across four regional businesses. Working side-by-side with operational leaders, you will lead direction-setting growth strategy, acquisition initiatives and business optimization efforts. You will work closely with the operations, finance, marketing and sales teams to help deliver and execute against company objectives and enterprise-level value creation opportunities. Our strategists are sought after across our businesses as go-to problem solvers and highly regarded as such.
In addition to providing strategic guidance, the Strategy Group is designed to be a leadership funnel for all businesses. An in-house talent pipeline for line operation roles. An operations foundation to learn the businesses and prepare for one-step into B.U. Director opportunities. Additional perks include not having to bill hours, no pressure to get or retain clients, ability to build closer relationships with businesses and see projects through to achievement and a consistent work/life schedule with minimal travel.
This is a rare opportunity to join a vibrant and high-growth entrepreneurial company that is privately owned with no bureaucratic decision-making or public shareholder concerns. An opportunity to add value by working on high-impact projects, build operations skills, work with high-performing and highly dedicated peers in a strong team environment, and become a future leader of the company. Sound interesting? Read on for more details!
What does The Strategy Group do?
* Work with existing operating companies to improve performance both through new growth initiatives and efficiency/cost reduction actions. These include a broad set of projects from M&A due diligence and international expansion to plant floor operations effectiveness and improvement in core operating processes.
* Facilitate new business development at holding company level, including market analysis, product development, acquisition screening, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration.
Here's what you'll do:
* Provide thought leadership in developing practical solution to complex analytical problems.
* Interface directly with operating company senior management
* Act as a driving force behind critical strategic, operational and organization initiatives
* Form strong partnerships with business unit leaders
* Position designed to ideally lead to placement within an operating company.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Minimum two to four years total work experience, including a minimum of two plus years post-MBA experience at a top-tier Management Consulting firm.
* MBA or relevant graduate degree from a leading program or direct promote in lieu of graduate degree at a top-tier Management Consulting firm.
* Cross-functional knowledge, including operations, finance, and/or marketing
* Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Self-motivated individual and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
* Demonstrated passion for making a difference.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Work-Life balance.
Central Valley, California
California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and is the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. With 100,000 acres of land, 15 million trees and four regional businesses, Central Valley is the heartbeat of our company. Central Valley enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living and, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- this region has much to offer the outdoor enthusiast.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled