We are Deep Foods. If you shop at Indian grocery stores, you know us as your trusted megabrand with 800 SKUS sold in the channel. If you live in NYC, you may have been to our Deep Indian Kitchen® chain of fast-casual restaurants. Otherwise, you probably haven’t seen or heard of us much yet, but we’re on a mission to change that starting with our early stage Deep Indian Kitchen® frozen brand sold in more than 11,000 mainstream natural, conventional, and e-commerce stores.
You see, since 1977, we have been devoted to one simple purpose: to share all of India through our always made-from-scratch, authentically crafted food. As a family-owned-and-operated company, we also believe our food should not only taste good, but also do good. That’s why every purchase of our products benefits the Deepkiran Foundation which helps provide access to education for underprivileged children in rural India. To date, we’ve supported more than 22,000 children across hundreds of villages!
We have an ambitious plan to scale our mainstream CPG business and, with our target audience of millennials actively seeking authentic/accessible Indian food experiences, the timing could not be better to help share and shape our story. That’s where you come in!
About the role
Our marketing team is growing and looking for a driven, food-loving Associate Marketing Manager or Marketing Manager (depending on experience) to join us full-time. You will be responsible for reinforcing our brand story through compelling content creation and outreach that nurtures our digital audiences and helps grow our owned/earned media presence. Preferably, you have solid experience in both traditional and digital marketing as well as a good balance of creative thinking, strong writing skills, and data-centric planning experience. Experience in public relations and paid media a plus, but not required. This role reports to our Director of Digital Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create meaningful marketing content to contribute to our overall marketing plan and support product/brand storytelling, sales, and digital community building
- Drive our social media community growth through building thoughtful content, engaging with influencers, and actively inserting our brand into the right social conversations
- Manage our growing influencer program and help scale outreach efforts so they are targeted/effective
- Drive marketing initiatives as needed such as creative development, project management, partnerships
- Support content development on our website to ensure SEO optimization and support other planned activities
- Manage the development and logistics for our annual tradeshows and support other events
- Actively run performance reporting and use insights to guide tactical builds/inform future initiatives
- Research and implement new marketing initiatives that support customer loyalty/brand awareness
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-6 years relevant marketing experience ideally with strong understanding of consumer/food/CPG
- Bachelors degree or higher in marketing or related field
- Creative, resourceful, and proactive with strong project management skills and attention to detail
- A passion for storytelling through multiple media types, both visual and written
- A keen understanding of the benefits, nuances and best practices of different social platforms
- Results-oriented with the ability to provide strategic recommendations based on data
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with publishing, analytics, and listening tools like Sprout Social, Wordpress, Sendgrid/Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, and Microsoft products