The Associate Media Director reports to the Account Director in the Regional office they are assigned.The Associate Media Directoreffectively oversee the preparation and coordination of Nissan’s media planning efforts with direction from the Regional Account Director. The AMD position also has cross-regional responsibilities and tasks working alongside the VP Media Director of Operations on cross-regional assignments. Regional responsibilities include development of budget allocations, as well as implementing planning priorities within parameters for their region. To help direct the strategy team in an ongoing search for regional and/or cross-regional properties that will maximize Nissan’s efficiencies while promoting sales. Represent the Regional Media Team in discussions with the client and Account Management Team.
- Assist in directing the Media Supervisors/Planners in the planning, implementation and stewardship of all Nissan regional media plans; Traditional & Digital.
- Primary contact, along with the VP Media Director Operations, for Nissan Corporate and insure that NNA fully understands and is in agreement with media strategies and objectives.
- Potential Travel to quarterly meetings and present recommendations/plans to clients as needed
- Work with the Media Supervisors/Planners to ensure that all regional media plans are aligned with Nissan’s marketing objectives and efficiency targets. Ensure that innovation in plans is top of mind.
- Lead Media Strategy Team in the development of regional budgets and allocation methodologies
- Manage the analysis, negotiation and purchase of national and multi-regional sports properties, along with national cable and network TV purchases
- Identify areas where technology or other resources can enhance planning group capabilities
- Work with individual Regional Media Supervisors/Planners to address different planning issues and recommend potential solutions
- Work with HQ team as needed on NNA Client requests
- Work with OMD management to determine broad buying strategies and how groups can best work together
- Develop formal, senior-level presentations on timely media issues and strategic recommendations
- Monitor workload of the media team for regional area assigned. Ensure team is working collaboratively with all teams
- Lead Strategy Team in the development of POVs and white papers on important media topics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years media planning experience, at a minimum achieving Supervisor Level
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Proven ability to conceive and develop quality, well-conceived and successful media plans
- Experience directly managing a staff of 6 or more
- Experience managing and coordinating inter-departmental efforts at the director and/or Supervisor level
- Experience negotiating short and long-term contracts with and managing print vendors
- MS Office: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with most of the following media planning tools: TNS, Scarborough, Media Monitors, Nielsen, Arbitron, Tactician, Kantar, Strata and Simmons
- Experience with Donovan and Media Tools a plus
- Assistant Media Director (AMD) or Group Media Director (GMD) level is highly desirable
- Experience in retail, and Tier 1 & 2 Automotive, is highly desirable
- Understanding & Planning of Interactive advertising desired
- Full service agency or major media buying service experience preferred
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.