ASSOCIATE MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST
The Pharmacogenomics Group in the Translational Medicine group is looking for a highly motivated associate scientist with experience in development of molecular assays and expertise in cutting-edge technologies in genomics. The successful candidate will be capable of carrying out studies using various technologies such as whole exome sequencing (WES), RNAseq, qRT-PCR and microarrays to support pre-clinical and clinical studies during various stages of drug discovery and development.
- RNA/DNA purification and characterization from multiple sources (frozen tissue, FFPE tissues, blood, plasma, BMA, sputum, etc.) utilizing various methodologies.
- Sample processing for next generation sequencing data generation.
- Develop and executing various QC methodologies to assess quality of samples.
- Performing WES and RNAseq using multiple NGS technologies.
- Developing and executing of qRT-PCR assays on multiple platforms.
- Perform microarray experiments as needed to support programs.
- Perform analysis of data and summarize results from experiments performed.
- Maintain detailed laboratory notes on experiments, generate reports summarizing experimental results and communicate them to project teams.
- Present key results at group meetings and to project teams and stake-holders.
- BS/MS with minimum 3 years of experience in molecular biology.
- Minimum 3 years of wet-lab experience developing and implementing assays.
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of nucleic acid analysis.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing genotyping and gene expression assays.
- Experience in various genomic technologies such as NGS, RNAseq, microarrays and qRT-PCR required.
- Experience in working with a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation.
- Some familiarity with drug development process highly desired.
- Experience in working independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to interact in a cross functional environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
This 11+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Larry: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #18-01431
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE