Brookfield Properties has an immediate need for an Associate Operations Manager at Ridgedale Center.
At Brookfield Properties, the foundation of our success is firmly rooted in our people.
Our company is comprised of experts across a range of specialties who share a goal of ensuring our properties are continuously evolving to meet the needs of our communities and stakeholders. To meet this goal, we hire visionary, entrepreneurial talent who help us innovate and enhance our business. We build collaborative teams who value integrity, creativity and diversity.
Our teams operate an iconic portfolio of irreplaceable properties within the world’s most dynamic markets. As one of the largest real estate services companies, we provide management and development expertise exclusively for properties owned by Brookfield Asset Management.
Our retail group operates destination, standalone retail real estate globally, including over 150 malls in the United States. Our regional shopping centers create a sense of place in the heart of the communities in which we do business: offering retail, lifestyle, dining and entertainment options.
The Associate Operations Manager assists the (Senior) Operations Manager in managing the overall operations of the shopping center in accordance with company policies and standards to maximize profitability, including the following areas: mechanical systems, construction practices, preventative maintenance and government regulations, cost control, general and preventative property maintenance, construction coordination, public safety, housekeeping and other contracted services, forecasting property expenses, preparing operational reports and assisting with specialty leasing and marketing programs. This position will focus on fine tuning operational methods for the center(s) while improving NOI.
While this is a salaried position, it is designed to prepare you to become an Operations Manager of your own property within 9-24 months, and you will be required to relocate to any company property within the US at this time
- Maintain effective general and preventive maintenance programs, including the implementation and management of the MicroMain system
- Work effectively with the National Operations Director to implement Corporate programs
- Monitor all tenant, landlord construction as well as legal tracking
- Monitor all center-contracted services and vendor supplies- in particular, monitor emergency and "off hours" work (snow removal, flooding, power outages, etc.)
- Obtain bids and prepare work orders
- Participate in the company's sustainability efforts
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to supervise and administer all company maintenance employees to insure maximum performance and compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to identify and resolve Human Capital issues in conjunction with company policies and under direction of GM
- Prepare documentation for the expense portion of the monthly forecast/business plan
- Work with Accounting team to insure timely payment of invoices
- Conduct operational audits with (Senior) Operations Manager and ensure processes are in compliance with corporate policy
- Prepare back-up information for operational reports for regional/corporate managers
- Assist with marketing related events and promotions as needed
- Work effectively with the (Group) Business Development Representative to help implement the specialty leasing program to maximize income
- Help maintain all State and Federal required reports and safety documentation
- Assist with recording asset inventory and property purchases
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to implement Risk Management and Emergency Planning procedures
- Maintain building systems and technical systems (i.e., computers and peripherals)
- Work with (Senior) Operations Manager to understand utility rate structures as well as analyze and monitor utility consumption
- Participate in Manager On Duty rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum vocational/technical training
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree desired
- 2 years in the property or construction management industry
- 2 years administrative/technical experience and knowledge of property physical systems
- Shopping center industry experience desired
- Understanding of building systems, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Good analytical skills
- Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Some knowledge of computer software and peripherals
- 1 year of supervisory experience with 2 or more employees and/or contracted services preferred
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.