Location: Washington, D.C.
Organize, conceptualize and develop topics, features and guests for Pulse Morning Show with Ron Ross that represent the lifestyle and interests of the show's listeners. Partner with host, Senior Director of Programming, co-hosts and others to create engaging content, increase listenership, and enhance subscriber satisfaction and passion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Organize each show as well as the overall development of the show.
* Develop and research topics for discussion.
* Book and pre-interview guests. Develop unique questions for interviews.
* Conceptualize, write and produce appropriate segments.
* Research and present topics for daily programming.
* Maintain topic and guest database.
* Develop and maintain relationships with publicists, celebrities and film companies.
* Maintain a consistent rotation of celebrity friends of the show.
* Keep a detailed daily log of each show including highlights and quotable quotes.
* Participate in selecting and isolating audio for promos and on-air bits.
* Screen incoming listener calls to the show.
* Participate in brainstorming sessions in regard to guests, features and other ideas.
* Collaborate on the development of program features.
* Record audio for and help produce "best of" programming.
* Coordinate logistics for remote and special broadcasts.
* Coordinate social media communication between host, listeners, and artists.
* Perform other duties as requested by Assistant Music Programmer or Senior Director of Programming.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 2 years of experience producing music or personality-based radio or television.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Strong interest and knowledge of topics related to the lifestyle and interests of the Ron Ross/Pulse audience.
* Ability to develop and adapt topics from other media to radio.
* Ability to deal with strong personalities.
* Ability to work collaboratively with partners and build strong relationships.
* Track record in guest booking.
* Experience in news/talk or personality-based radio or television.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
* Ability to work outside of program hours and weekends as opportunities arise.
* Ability to travel for work as necessary.
* Positive attitude, ability to work on in a team environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience using social media.
* Digital editing software knowledge preferred.
* Knowledge of music programming software preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled