Location: Los Angeles, CA
Works with Producers and members of the Programming team to create superior sports radio programs primarily for SiriusXM Pac-12 Radio. Candidate may work as a producer/board operator for sports talk shows on other channels as well and in the sports newsroom. Candidate will produce imaging for the program on which he/she is a part and create promos to promote said show(s). Supports creative processes, content development and production. Exercises both creative abilities and technical skills. Edits materials and operates an audio board. May be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in the development of content for shows
* Collaborates in the production of programs, promos and specials
* Researches topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for hosts.
* Develops novel and creative ways to present content.
* Attends creative meetings, and contributes to the selection of program content.
* Makes recommendations to Producers and management on program improvements.
* Obtains audio materials needed for production.
* Assists with scheduling program elements prior to air, ensuring that rotation and policies are followed.
* May independently produce segments of large programs.
* Reviews program log before every show and is capable of editing program log.
* Is responsible for the quality of any replays of the show(s).
* Is responsible for producing and editing audio clips to be posted to social media platform.
* Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
* Determines the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows, and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
* Dubs sound from a variety of sources (e.g., CD, DAT, LP, VHS, etc.).
* Enters clip information, music and non-music elements into audio software.
* Loads and deletes clips, and rips and edits promos and spots.
* Ensures that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
* Ensures that sound equipment is functioning properly during shows.
* Works with talent and Producers on following programming clocks so that all content and advertisements are featured as planned.
* Reviews work products with supervisor.
* Monitors assigned channels for quality control and reports content error and technical issues to the appropriate individuals for correction.
* Edits audio (e.g., inserts additional clips, sound bites, etc.).
* Maintains database of program content for archival use.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
* May be required to fill in for Producers on occasion.
* Coordinates special projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* At least (2) years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
* Highly detail oriented.
* Strong interest in sports, as related to assigned channels/programs.
* Comfortable working with talent, artists and high profile individuals.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Proficiency in:
* Microsoft Office,
* Cool Edit,
* Adobe Audition.
* Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
* Operating an audio board.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled