Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Accuracy, excellence in production techniques and writing.
- Write and support line producers for assigned newscasts. Fill-in produce.
- Manage and write graphics for assigned stories and update them as need be.
- Research, confirm and update local, state, national and international stories through multiple sources including websites, FOX/CNN & Tribune News services, wires and social media.
- Help determine placement of stories in the newscast and advise producer on story format changes
- Plan future segments, topics, guests and story ideas.
- Post stories to the web.
- Assist assignment desk in making calls to confirm story details.
- Maintain social media presence.
- Additional duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
- 1-2 years experience in a working newsroom as either a writer or production assistant.
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must have solid news judgment
- Must be a consistent and solid writer
- Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
- Work well in a strong team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Must be flexible with schedule and fill-in different shifts as needed