Location: Washington, D.C.
Responsible for assisting with production and screening calls for a fast-paced, daily 3-hour talk show. Must be able to quickly respond to callers and help in-studio producer with additional duties as needed, including pulling audio clips, posting clips to SoundCloud, assisting with post-production, and running sound-board. Incumbents of this position may be assigned to more than one program and perform slightly different functions across programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Assists talent and producer in-studio during live broadcasts.
* Screens phone calls for quickly moving daily talk show.
* Implements daily tasks assigned from the producer and talent to meet broadcast deadlines.
* Runs the audio board for various live and taped programs and edits audio for on-air use.
* Works with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content is featured as planned.
* Pulls audio clips from interviews and other recorded audio and posts clips to Soundcloud as assigned.
* Assists producer with setting up pre-taped interviews and pre-show editing.
* Works with producers to create/edit "Best of..." programs from archives of past shows for weekend or special re-broadcasting needs.
* May provide hosts with news updates and breaking stories, on occasion.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in politics.
* At least 2+ years experience screening phone calls.
* At least 2+ years experience running an audio board.
* 1 year major market or national platform production, producing, news or programming experience required.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Knowledge of broadcast systems and experience with daily show production.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; ability to work under deadline pressure.
* Interest in politics and current events.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Previous use of Dalet or other audio editing software preferred.
* Operating studio sound equipment.
* Mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product.
* Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and various social media networking sites.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled