Manages product(s) globally within the portfolio including responsibilities for tactical and strategic plans to achieve revenue goals for the franchise. Assists with the identification of market trends, VOC (Voice of Customer) feedback and competitive product/program assessments to guide portfolio decision making. Aligns individual plans and objectives with those of the others in the group including the formulation of invest/keep/retire plans for product brands. Assists with evaluation of the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify market trends, issues and competitive environment and/or assists the Product Management team with formulation of strategic plans for product brands and/or sub-segments.
- Leads and/or provide support to Product Management team in the effort to initiate new product strategies in the form of supporting existing brands and/or sub-segments and creating new products.
- Assists with the evaluating the needs of product marketing and sales personnel on a global basis.
- May be responsible or may provide support for cultivating strategy at the brand and/or sub-segment level
- May own regional brands and/or non-focus sub-segment of the portfolio under the supervision of a segment owner.
- Ensures execution of key strategies for the brand and/or sub-segment level.
- Interact closely with Marcom teams to define clear messaging for his brands
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written form with a clear and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Learn aspects of medical device business including the science, products (Zimmer Biomet and competitors), research and commercialization process, manufacturing, marketing, and sales.
- Learn orthopedic market, products within assigned group, surgical process, selling process, regulatory process, development process, and marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of DCS, JDE, Live Link & Impromptu preferred.
- B.A./B.S., Business or Marketing Specialty preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of marketing experience required, prior internship/co-op within medical device preferred.
- Familiarity with Zimmer Biomet products, procedures, and promotions preferred
- Up to 30%
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and might not necessarily comprise all of the essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.