- Requires a minimum of 1+ years of relevant experience in marketing management & a technical role in a security related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is required.
- Knowledge of Software product strategy & life cycle management that includes market analysis, user requirement gathering and definition, roadmap and release development, through to end of life.
- Knowledge of the Software development process; familiarity with stage gate, agile, and lean development processes, web application architecture, code version control, unit testing procedures, API integration architectures, software as a service.
- Knowledge and understanding of value propositions, product positioning, and marketing communications.
- Comfortable interacting with Agile and other Software development processes is required.
- Some experience developing business plans, launching programs and managing marketing communication activities
- Experience in the field of identity, authentication, log-in, user data, user profiles and the data economy.
- Experience defining high quality, consumer facing user experiences or at a minimum a demonstrated user empathy through product design
- A desire to innovate, an entrepreneurial mind-set
- Experience in the mobile software world preferred
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Work at a State of the Art technically advanced office building with outdoor walking trail
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
ABOUT THE JOB
This position is responsible for growing and maintaining Master Lock’s digital security product and service portfolio. It brings a robust, holistic approach to Software Product Management that will address all aspects of the product. This position will play a role in identifying new business and product opportunities, supporting and encouraging innovation, crafting compelling experiences and utilizing data analysis as a key tool for identifying critical software features and experiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to,
- Research: Conduct research for software features and definition, user experience research, industry and competitive;
- Placement: Assist in marketing, social media, and other promotion efforts to increase product/brand visibility and sales
- Trade Show Support: Lead the planning and support of trade shows and related activities.
- Pricing: Assist in competitive and VOC research to determine pricing for features and packages.
- Product Launch: Assist in the creation of product release artifacts including release notes, training materials, customer support documents, videos, and powerpoint documents.
- Tech Service Support: Serve as the liaison between Tech Service and product mgmt./software engineering owning the resolution of issues that arise in the field.
- Data Analysis support: Assist in the collection, analysis and reporting of data
- Develop new program development objectives, strategies and timelines to grow revenue and profit.
- Research and monitor relevant markets, competitors and technology
- Research and verify new product features, positioning and potential
- Identify and support important industry activities including tradeshows
- Support product development in administering alpha/beta site testing of new programs.
- Obtain necessary organization approvals for New Program Development and market development activities, via financial and market justifications, including Capital Expenditure Requests
- Define and drive Market Opportunity Assessments for new program platforms based on end user needs. Define use cases, hardware/firmware/software feature requirements, roadmaps and release plans.
- Assist in the development of business cases and secure the legal agreements required for commercialization
- Leverage concept creating, testing and refinement
- Drive feature prioritization and work closely with program development teams to deliver successful products/services.
- Collaborate with cross functional product management to plan, develop and manage new program launches including price, promotion, placement, forecasting and marketing communication.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.