The Associate Product Manager position will consist of multiple roles in the product management organization including duties of a product owner, market assessment, product planning as well as product operations duties. The APM position will allow for rotation amongst the different roles to allow the individual to grow and develop professionally into a Product Manager. The APM will be accountable for individual pieces or whole products of Greenway’s software/services which may include P&L responsibility, developing user stories, training, assessing the market, competitive analysis, pricing, product strategy and product planning. The Associate Product Manager contributes largely to the overall success of specific products and in assuring a market driven focus for product management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops user stories and ensure stories are ‘ready’ for development to start work
- Ensures each story has the correct acceptance criteria
- Gathers, manages and prioritizes the product backlog; backlog grooming
- Responsible for release tracking and accountable for solution delivery
- P&L and Forecasting management for parts of product or whole product depending on size
- Gathers input to define product concepts; justified expenditures for products; articulates and analyzes markets; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans.
- Assess the market, identifies competitive offerings, understands and communicates their niche, approach and success in the market. Assesses product capabilities and communicates requirements.
- Responsible for defect management, prioritization and resolution
- Facilitates product council agenda, notes and action registers
- Develop and maintain solution delivery timelines and plans
- Works with customer facing teams and to ensure readiness and excellent execution