At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 1,000 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the Role:
We are seeking an Associate Product Marketing Manager to lead downstream commercial efforts for our existing spatial product portfolio. This position will report to the spatial platform team and will be responsible for the execution of product marketing activities, ensuring the on-market Visium spatial products are positioned, placed, promoted and specified correctly in the context of spatial gene expression approaches. They will help customers understand the applications of on-market Visium spatial products, execute messaging and collateral, and tell use case stories. They will be responsible for sustaining marketing efforts as well as supporting the sales team by providing training, communications, and marketing material. This position will be part of a cross-functional partnership with marketing, product, and sales, interfacing with product managers within the spatial platform team as well as marketing program management, marketing communications, and sales and distribution teams.
What you will be doing:
- Support on-going business management of the existing product portfolio and promotional programs, building targeted campaigns and content
- Partner with Global Marketing Programs and Marketing Communications to develop key marketing campaign collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for their portfolio
- Responsible for competitive positioning and messaging to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds for 10x’s Spatial Portfolio
- Partner closely with spatial product management teams to gain an understanding of product features and relevance to market segments
- Interface with market development managers to ensure that spatial portfolio is addressed in each research area
- Create sales enablement tools, webinars, support content and other relevant content in close collaboration with product management
- Works in partnership with Applications to develop high quality scientific marketing content for sustaining product portfolio
- Works in collaboration with regional marketing to set goals, themes, and objectives and execute at major conference trade shows
- Implements and maintains "best practices" in brand marketing and product marketing
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences
- Experience with tissue-based assays (e.g., spatial gene expression, in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, histology)
- 2+ years Applications or Product Marketing experience
- Ability to successfully communicate Spatial Gene Expression messaging
- Creativity to generate dynamic content to market Spatial Gene Expression
- Ability to develop Go-to-Market strategies for new product introductions
- Experience working with various cross-functional partners to deliver meaningful results (R&D, Sales, Marcomm, etc.)
- Ability to highly and effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects at a given time
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the NGS life sciences industry
- Translational research
- Marketing communications experience
About 10x Genomics:
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 2000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability