The Spaceship Company (TSC) is an affiliate of Virgin Galactic as a space-system manufacturing organization. Headquartered at Mojave Air and Space Port in Mojave, California, it is building and testing a fleet of WhiteKnightTwo carrier aircraft and SpaceShipTwo reusable spaceships that, together, form Virgin Galactic’s human spaceflight system. Like many Virgin companies across the world, its team of talented and dedicated engineers, technicians and professionals are drawn together by a willingness to disrupt and challenge the status quo and deliver innovative aerospace solutions to our customers’ needs. TSC’s extensive capabilities encompass preliminary vehicle design and analysis, manufacturing, ground testing, flight testing and post-delivery support.
TSC and the greater Virgin Organization have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who You Are
TSC is seeking a first rate Associate Production Control Manager experienced in managing production control, and production scheduling. As the Associate Production Control Manager, you would be responsible for translating the detailed master level production schedule into a detailed production control plan. You would work closely with the Program Master Planner to coordinate that production jobs are released in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule requirements. The Associate Production Control Manager will oversee a production control team to support the production planning activities.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Program Master Planner, Manufacturing and Production team to establish drawing release priority and production job completion dates; validate these dates against Program Master Plan
- Work with supply chain to proactively identify and react to material plans that do not support the Program Master Schedule, Production Schedule or Material Forecast.
- Work with Engineering/Configuration Management personnel to evaluate CCB/CRB and drawing releases against existing material plans; communicate changes proactively to Procurement/Supply Chain or Engineering/Production personnel as required
- Work closely with Production and Configuration Management personnel to set up and maximize use of MRP system to create job sequences, to schedule jobs, to monitor and report on time performance and to drive automation of material forecast
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in developing detailed material demand forecasts working from high level project schedules
- Experience working in a cross functional team; effectively building rapport at all levels within an organization
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for success, while always modelling a high level of personal integrity
- Inspire, motivate and mobilize your team to accomplish company goals and objectives
- Experience working with procurement and supplier management teams
- Provide support to various programs within the company
- Capable to provide recovery schedules and workaround plans as needed.
- Experience using an ERP/MRP system for materials and inventory
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Spaceship Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Spaceship Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.