Associate Project Manager
- Leads cross-functional projects on behalf of Medical Affairs leadership that result in the stated deliverables on time, within budget, and with the full engagement of cross-functional partners.
- Working closely with the project’s sponsor, performs a variety of activities in support of assigned functional area and committee needs with an eye to proactive strategic thinking around effectively progressing projects and continually making processes and efficiency improvements.
- May define and lead project plan execution and in doing so compiles, reviews, and analyzes data as well as manages and ensures completion of project milestones.
- Leads project meetings and utilizes applicable software for the functional area to compile and generate reports, flow charts, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations (iMed, SharePoint) for the project sponsor.
- As a strategic partner to the NAMA field Medical leadership and project sponsor, designs processes to enhance work flow and make process improvements and prepares and delivers reports to the project sponsor and other functional units.
- Operational Management of Medical Review Committee(s) (MRC(s) in the Inflammation TAs including Rheumatology, Dermatology, GI and/or the Inflammation portfolio as appropriate.
- Work with MRC Chair and MRC members to ensure an ongoing flow of MRC approved content.
- Manage MRC meeting efficiencies, scheduling, agendas and output.
- Ensure content is approved within stated MRC Efficiency Measures.
- Maintenance of MRC compliance records and audit support.
- Archiving of meeting minutes, approvals and content management.
- Support ongoing UMR audit process to proactively identify UMRs not aligned to UMR documentation policy or UMR signature requirements
- Lead cross-functional projects within North America Medical Affairs which includes implementing the project and goals with input from the project sponsor and project team members; develop an implementation plan for the project; making decisions to drive projects and achieve agreed upon milestones; lead cross-functional team members to ensure work is completed as agreed upon; This is done by: Managing meetings and communications for teams to drive efficient decision making.
- Consult on processes and tools related to project/process planning and delivery such as the ePA3 Tool, MRC process, SharePoint, Ariba.
- Understand team accountabilities and requirements, as well as how partner lines interact as part of matrixed teams.
- Application of analysis and identification of solutions to identified problems; shape courses of action with project sponsor utilizing the ability to manage complex projects and cross-functional processes.
- Champion of change and best practices regarding project and process management utilizing demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement practices and methodologies.
- Proactively address project inquiries when the project sponsor is not available including addressing inquiries not requiring PLs direct attention in order to keep project/decisions on track.
- Partner with Legal, Contracts and Outsourcing and finance, and external customers when appropriate, to develop and execute consultant agreements, service level agreements, program schedules, and Confidential Disclosure Agreements, and support of other project management financial activities as needed including invoice routing, approval and tracking related to the project.
- Maintain systems to manage data capture/tracking including complex Excel spreadsheets, if needed, as part of this also investigate new ways to collect information for project enhancement.
- Communicate updates to project status reports and coordination and development of presentations.
- Develop and administer surveys in coordination with project sponsors.
- Regularly track and verify data and information from multiple stakeholders in order to facilitate resolution.
- Provide information, training and support for new project management system users.
- Associate's with 5+ years’ experience OR Bachelors with at least 5 years’ experience OR Master's with 3 years’ experience.
- Experience with committee management, minute generation and documentation/audits.