Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Associate Project Manager, Operations will support a portfolio of complex, cross-functional projects to ensure business objectives are met and accomplished on time, within budget and meet quality standards; which includes partnering with project managers and functional leaders in managing projects, sharing best practices, and developing effective strategies to support Operational needs. This person will also be accountable to independently work with cross-functional teams to deliver smaller-scale projects. In addition, this position will facilitate and manage projects within Operations (manufacturing, supply chain, technical transfer, distribution, etc.) and present outcomes and status to leadership driving awareness and visibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support or lead project teams within Operations to execute on project tasks; including effective creation and management of timelines, budgets, resources, risks, interdependencies, and project objectives.
- Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
- Coach and facilitate teams on development of process maps, value stream maps, and root cause analyses.
- Partner with project teams to help define the project objectives and employ the right level of governance and process.
- Assist project management teams with connecting with stakeholders and plan for team meetings.
- Escalate issues when critical risks arise and maintain pulse with project activities to ensure progress.
- Follow established project management practices; including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Monitor and prepare status reports on project deliverables and any deviation from project plan.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities within and across multiple projects at the same time.
- Success with oral and written communications/presentations, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work within a matrix management organization.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Engineering, Life Sciences, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional work experience in project focused environment in Operations related area focused on production of regulated products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience managing projects within a GMP regulated environment, compliant with ISO 13485 standards and 21 CFR 820 regulations.
- Experience managing projects focused on medical devices.
- Experience in a biotech-manufacturing or supply chain/logistics environment, with GMP and/or ISO.
- Experience working in a matrix management organization with primary responsibility for project success while relying on a team of resources outside of reporting structure.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.