Associate Quality Assurance Technologist
If you are a current employee, click here to apply
Location: Sheetz Corporate - Claysburg, PA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance for testing all aspects of a software/hardware solution, both functionally and technically, in order to meet the requirements and overall quality of the intended solutions. At this level many assignments are processed independently with minimum instructions from management team members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program. With assistance will correct errors as encountered.
- Conducts compatibility tests with provided software, both manually and with automated testing tools. Execute test plans and create test reports to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- Document software defects and errors, using documentation reporting procedures (Rally, Service Desk, others) to report defects to software developers and project managers.
- Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to the Quality Assurance Unit Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain test labs. Run various set-up scripts and procedures as needed for LAB set-up and initial configuration as part of LAB Prep Work as directed.
- Possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Initial resource for Quality Assurance Team, must have the ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team. May be called on to provide evening and weekend support as needed. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require our QA support at any time.
REQUIREMENTS:(Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.
Nearest Major Market: Altoona
Nearest Secondary Market: Johnstown