Seeking an Associate Regional Medical Officer to lead a clinical team in Des Moines.
Responsible for overseeing and providing internal medicine services to patients.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Creates a comprehensive and coordinated plan of care across all settings including hospitals, clinics, and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), which take into account medical records, patient and family, primary care physicians, and specialists.
• Makes hospital rounds daily.
• Collaborates with hospitals and care management teams and reviews patients with case managers.
• Attends to patients in the Care Center and assists nurse practitioners in reviewing cases.
• Attends to patients in the SNFs and attends SNF meetings to review cases.
• On call nights and weekends as scheduled.
• Trains and oversees new Hospitalists.
• Develops and improves training practices and materials.
• Supports utilization review and management of subspecialty costs.
• Participates in the management of clinical divisions.
• Develops and maintains provider relationships.
• Partners with management in building Hospital and SNF contacts/partners within the ER, Case Management and administration.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• Requires an MD/DO; completion of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Med/Peds residency; 5+ years experience as a pcp.
• Requires current (or ability to obtain) unrestricted medical licensure in applicable state(s) and board eligibility or board certification.
• DEA license required.
This salaried position is 70/30 clinical/admin and includes benefits, stock incentives, and generous bonuses.