Bridge Investment Group is a privately held real estate investment management firm with more than $20 billion in assets under management. Bridge combines its 4,000+ person nationwide operating platform with specialized teams of investment professionals focused on select U.S. real estate verticals: multifamily, office, seniors housing, affordable housing, opportunity zones, and debt strategies. As a globally-trusted investment firm, we offer exceptional returns to our investors, pursued with uncompromising core values.
For us, investing is an active process. With decades of experience as an owner-operator, we strive to create vibrant communities where our residents and tenants are excited to live and work. With a focus on affordable housing, as well as social and environmental initiatives, we take pride in giving back to the neighborhoods in which we invest.
At Bridge, we believe that we are only as good as our people. We value diversity, promote innovation, and encourage our people to never stop learning. Our culture of excellence, accountability, teamwork, and collaboration empowers individuals to develop and thrive professionally and personally.
The Research Team employs a variety of market research and data-driven approaches to answer complex questions informing real estate investment at Bridge. Collaborating closely with Bridge’s deal teams, the Research Team helps formulate new investment strategies and works to identify market opportunities by applying innovative analytical, statistical, and geospatial methods. The Research Team develops insights using unique datasets, resulting in actionable intelligence for our internal customers that impacts investment decisions and drives the bottom line. The Research Team creates value for the broader company by integrating our expertise across disparate disciplines, including commercial real estate, statistics, economics, urban planning, finance, and data science. On the Research Team, you will have the opportunity to blend quantitative and qualitative analysis to impact every step of Bridge’s investment process from capital raising and acquisitions to asset management and dispositions.
The Research Team is looking for a mid-career professional to join our team as we support Bridge’s broader investment goals. The successful candidate will have a passion for market and investment research, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)-oriented data analysis, and close collaboration with investment and support teams to exchange ideas. Although day-to-day tasks will range from one project to the next, key responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Collaborate with and assist other members of the Research Team in conducting relevant and innovative research.
- Originate content for regular market and macroeconomic reports contributing both to external thought-leadership as well as in-house views on market performance.
- Lead new market research to develop insights across commercial real estate sectors, working with investment colleagues to develop bespoke analysis that enhances Bridge’s investment theses.
- Work with internal and external data partners to develop models that optimize underwriting and risk pricing in markets throughout the U.S.
- Collaborate with investment teams in developing financial and economic models to uncover new trends and developments across markets.
- Lead the development of convincing visualizations and interactive data tools that inspire action by internal decisionmakers as well as external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Bridge’s ESG & Sustainability Team to further the firm’s ESG efforts in corporate governance and investing.
Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
- An undergraduate degree related to investments, economics, or ESG topics that included a cultivation of research methods and analytical skills.
- 4+ years of experience in the buy-side or sell-side of commercial real estate. Successful candidates will demonstrate experience in using market research methods in a professional setting to develop actionable conclusions.
- Strong understanding of the data available in the commercial real estate industry and experience in leveraging data to support research initiatives.
- Ability to think critically about both quantitative and qualitative data and evaluate the data’s relevance and utility.
- Exceptional technical business writing and communication skills to translate complex issues into simple, actionable items for internal clients and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands for time as well as detail-oriented persistence in seeing deliverables through amidst multiple tasks and evolving priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal characteristics and team orientation, which is essential to working with and managing goals established with multiple investment teams.
- Aptitude and background in additional analytical methods and software platforms, such as Bloomberg Terminal, GIS, Python, R, Power BI, etc. is a plus.
- A highly-competitive base salary
- A suite of benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching
- Generous PTO, including parental leave
- Company-sponsored service opportunities