Associate Research Scientist
Redwood City, CA
Initial 6 months (Potential extension or potential right to hire)
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Associate Research Scientist (IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY) for our client in Redwood City, CA.
• The Discovery Immunohistochemistry Department is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Oncology Discovery organization. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organization skills, problem-solving abilities, and a commitment to excellence.
• The candidate will work closely with other disciplines within *** to drive advancement of early stage projects into clinical development, providing scientific and technical expertise in a highly collaborative, fast-paced research environment.
• In this role, the individual will conduct immunohistochemistry and imaging to advance our oncology portfolio and contribute to the design and interpretation of key feasibility, mechanism of action and toxicity questions from ongoing Oncology programs.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Biology or related fields with 0-2 years of industry experience.
• Experience in histology, including tissue sample preparation, sectioning (both cryostat and microtome), special stains and particularly immunohistochemistry in Bright Field microscopy is required
• Tissue culture experience is ideal.
• Familiarity with cancer biology is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Excellent organization skills and familiarity with a fast-paced work environment are required.
• Independent requiring minimum supervision, works well with others, and thrives in a collaborative, matrix environment
- Provide IHC support for novel Oncology targets for proof of concept, indications and mechanism of action.
- Develop novel IHC assays, collaborating closely within and across departments.
- Hands-on IHC single and multi-plex staining using Chromogenic and Fluorescence methods. Manual and automated-IHC on pre-clinical, non-clinical and clinical samples.
- Imaging and analysis of tissue sections using manual and automated microscopy and image analysis such as quantification.
- Candidate will present data at internal and external meetings, write technical summaries for regulatory documents, patent applications and manuscripts.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.