The Associate Restaurant Manager (ARM) serves as the assistant to the Restaurant General Manager and provides additional management coverage of operating hours and direct supervision of operations in an individual restaurant. Focal points include:
- Driving excellence in customer service
- Maintaining company standards in product and facility specifications
- Supervising food handling procedures and operational processes
- Exercising basic, shift-to-shift financial control to meet the restaurant profit margin targets
In addition, the ARM assumes full responsibility for specific financial controls, crew training assignments and the screening of prospective employees under the direction of the RGM. The ARM directly performs hands-on operational duties and on an on-going basis trains employees, responds to customer service needs and role models appropriate skills and behaviors in the restaurant.
The candidate for ARM is someone that is considered promotable to RGM within a year and a half of assuming the ARM position. The candidate has demonstrated the leadership skills necessary to become an RGM with continued training and coaching. ARM’s that do not show progress towards Individual Development Plan within the first year are subject to demotion or termination.
Work Schedule 48 hours per week
Vacation Days 125 hours per year/increases by 48 hours after 5 years of service
Bonus Opportunity Higher potential than the AGM position
Customer Satisfaction/Product Quality
- Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations and ensure products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as role model in resolving customer issues and training managers and crew to meet or exceed customer service standards.
- Tracks, analyzes and resolves sources of customer complaints.
- Ensure that food safety standards are met.
- Develops and drives restaurant annual operating plan.
- Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and takes corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets.
- Trains and mentors subordinates on financial analyses and profitability tips for the restaurant.
- Develops store CAPEX requests and is the principle interface with all vendors.
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to Company standards.
- Monitors inventory, food preparation and order fulfillment on a daily basis to ensure adherence to company standards
- Establishes restaurant speed with service (SWS) targets, monitors performance and resolves bottlenecks to achieve SWS goals.
- Oversees development and revision of weekly management and crew schedules.
- Directs all restaurant level HR activity including:
- Personal accountability for crew hiring decisions
- Learning Zone planning and execution
- Performance management
- Employee relations issues up to and including termination
- Provides hands-on training for management staff in advanced Learning Zone modules and develops all Shift Managers and Assistant General Managers to assume higher level responsibilities.
- Develops and monitors staffing plans and directs crew sourcing activities.
- Manages the work environment on all shifts to ensure fair and equitable employee treatment, as well as adherence to all company, state and federal workplace regulations.
- Achievement of restaurant annual operating plan
- Margin improvement over previous year sales growth
- Weekly/Period restaurant performance in sales, labor, ICOS and controllables
- PRC results and OSAT scores
- Learning Zone certification levels, crew turnover and staffing levels
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Delivers Excellence in Customer Service
Is fully aware of customer needs and ensures that they receive quality products and service. Ensures work is to the correct standard. Possesses extremely high standards of product quality and speed with service and constantly monitors performance against those standards. Possesses a strong eye for detail and cleanliness. Presents a positive image through tidy and professional appearance of self and other employees. Interacts with customers in a highly effective and proactive manner. Consistently seeks to improve the customer experience. Demonstrates and emphasizes to others the importance of a winning customer experience. Uses customer feedback tools and techniques in making decisions and improving restaurant performance.
Supervises others and efficiently coordinates their work. Delegates tasks to the most appropriate member of staff. Is able to remain in control in difficult situations. Provides clear direction and authority. Gets involved in a hands-on manner and leads by example. Is assertive. Communicates restaurant goals and a motivating vision; links individual performance to achieving restaurant goals. Demonstrates principled leadership and sound business ethics; stands up for what’s right. Celebrates achievements; recognizes and rewards others; generates pride and commitment. Regularly coaches staff to drive performance against objectives; provides ongoing, constructive feedback. Demonstrates passion, enthusiasm and intensity in work; is a role model.
Identifies problems quickly; assertively develops and implements solutions; manages restaurant flow to ensure customer satisfaction. Focuses the team on critical business issues; plans, organizes and delegates work for peak efficiency. Ensures understanding and use of available business tools by appropriate team members. Accurately analyzes financial data; identifies trends and takes appropriate action; follows-up to ensure 100% implementation. Understands key business drivers and uses this knowledge to build sales and achieve margin targets.
Identifies appropriate staff development needs and action plans and ensure time is available for crew development. Is tenacious in ensuring that all employees receive the opportunity to learn and demonstrate new skills. Transfers own knowledge to others by clearly demonstrating procedures, maintaining high standards and “walking the talk”. Provides resources for development, follows up and gives positive, direct feedback. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback as well as periodic formal assessment of progress.
Technically proficient in all aspects of food preparation, production and delivery. Displays detailed knowledge of all key food handling/food safety procedures. Familiar with basic restaurant equipment troubleshooting. Displays detailed knowledge of all company product standards.
Educational Attainment/Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain financial controls and coach and train hourly employees.
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction.
Work Hours: 8 – 10 hours
Days per Week: 5 days per week
Inside/Outside: 95% inside / 5% outside
Extreme Temperatures: Ambient, near ovens and stoves
Noise Level: Normal
The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. The Company reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development).
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.