As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Financial is looking to hire a candidate with strong technical skills and a desire to learn the Salesforce.com platform as an Associate Salesforce Developer. In this role, the candidate will support our internal business CRM workflow, enhance the automation of processes and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our Salesforce (SFDC) environment. Our ideal candidate is passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and has excellent problem solving abilities. The candidate will develop knowledge of Voya’s business workflow and processes and translate that knowledge into business solutions that are scalable, extensible and easily maintainable on the Salesforce platform.
- Application Development on the Salesforce platform, including custom development, with a bias toward using native functionality and Lightning components
- Work with Apex code, Visualforce pages, Lightning components and other technologies to build simple and scalable solutions that support business requirements
- Develop and maintain data modelling and data transformation logic using ETL tools to support data workflows across integrated business systems.
- Research and find opportunities to utilize Salesforce best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or similar curriculum is required.
- This is an entry level position. The candidate will have 0-2 years of experience with Application Development, including Salesforce development through internships or employment after completion of their undergraduate degree.
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills required.
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum is a plus but not required.
- Database experience writing queries in SQL is a plus but not required.
- Salesforce development experience with Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch Apex and Salesforce APIs is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce Cloud platforms - Service, Sales, Marketing and App Exchange Products is a plus but not required.
- Financial Services experience, during internships or prior employment, is a plus but not required.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.