My name is Crystal Valdez and I represent The Fountain Group. We are a national staffing firm and are currently seeking an Associate Scientist for a prominent client of ours. This position is located in Cambridge, MA. Details for the position are as follows:
- The Protein Analytical Development group is seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist for a Technical Investment project.
- The candidate will develop native mass spectrometry methods to analyze proteins and protein complexes, such as mAb aggregates.
- The developed methods could be used for advanced characterization of size and charge variants of monoclonal antibodies.
- The candidate will also work with the Protein Formulation Development group to use some of the biophysical methods, such as dynamic light scattering to characterize protein-protein interactions.
- Position requires experience in protein characterization by LC-MS, such as the use of QTOFs or Orbitrap mass spectrometry for intact mass analysis of proteins.
- The ideal candidate would possess a strong background in analytical chemistry/biochemistry in the areas of proteomics and mass spectrometry.
- Experience in intact mass analysis, such as native MS or Ion mobility MS is a plus.
- The position is well suited for someone interested in getting industry experience prior to PhD graduation. A BS or MS degree in analytical chemistry, analytical biochemistry or related disciplines with 4 plus years of relevant experience for BS candidates, or 2 plus years of relevant experience for MS candidates, as demonstrated by hands-on experience in protein analyses by LC-MS.