Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for an Associate Computational Biology Scientist who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Associate Scientist - Computational Biology role executes machine learning based analysis pipelines on microscopy images from MultiOmyx technology. The role mainly involves conducting analysis of data from service contracts leading to the successful completion of client projects. The Associate Scientist has experience with machine learning and image analysis methods and can apply these methods to analyze large multiplexed immunofluorescence and IHC datasets. The Associate Scientist provides support in solving complex bio-image informatics tasks. The Associate Scientist works with Scientists and Senior Scientists to successfully complete data analysis tasks in the production environment.
- Execute image analysis pipelines for multiplexed immunofluorescence and IHC data to generate large number of features for interpretation.
- Leverage the scale of NeoGenomics proprietary data and compute infrastructure to address challenging bio-image analysis problems.
- Develop methods and tools to support analysis & visualization of large datasets.
- Help with project design and feasibility studies.
- Document processes and analyses, using reproducible methods and scripts.
- Work with scientists to provide proof of concept testing and regression testing as needed
Experience & Required Qualifications:
- Education: B.S. at minimum in a Computer Science or any quantitative discipline with related experience required.
- Experience:Two or more years of related technical experience in data analysis or machine learning. Experience with biological image data preferred.
- Strong understanding of image analysis and machine learning techniques.
- Experience with building end-to-end reusable pipelines from acquisition to output.
- Proven programming skills, in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Python, Java.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and packages.
- Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks.
- Experience working with large data sets, preferably large biological image datasets.