- Our Client, the world's largest chemical company, is seeking an Associate Scientist for the Expression & Technology Development group.
- Work Schedule is Monday through Friday - Typical core hours such as 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The Associate Scientist will be working under the direction of Scientists and will be responsible for supporting projects related to gene cloning, gene modification, protein expression optimization, strain optimization and associated microbiological support for novel enzyme products.
- The successful candidate is expected to complete assigned tasks independently, with minimal supervision.
- BS (preferred + 3 years relevant experience) or MS (preferred + 1 year relevant experience or Ph.D. with no experience) in Chemical or Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cellular Biology or related field
- Must have experience with aseptic technique and manipulation of microorganisms
- Must have experience with PCR, protein gel electrophoresis and other standard molecular biology techniques
- Experience with small scale (96-well, 24-well) protein expression, enzymatic assays and DNA/RNA manipulation including extraction/quantitation experience desired
- Experience with protein expression and production in bacterial, yeast, or fungal systems is a plus
- Experience with enzyme liquid handling is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and time management skills
- Must be highly self-motivated and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rushi at 858-703-6733 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/