Requisition ID: 54456
Job Function/Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
The Hope Creek Site Program Engineer (SPE) will be responsible for assigned Program(s). The SPE is responsible for maintaining overall implementation and oversight of the assigned Program(s) for the Hope Creek Station. Program engineering positions require maintaining Programs to meet regulatory requirements, industry excellence standards and provide industry leadership. The Program engineer performs monitoring, trending and assessing respective Program to improve reliability and ensure the station is meeting regulatory or industry best practices. Perform and support Program assessments, outage work scoping, Program related technical evaluations, trouble shooting and special Programmatic inspections by regulators, on site groups and industry peers. Tasks include maintaining necessary Program documentation, Program health reports, Program notebooks, Program procedures, and associated manuals ensuring Program compliance with regulatory and design/license basis requirements..
The Hope Creek Programs engineer also:
- Provides support to the site on complex and strategic Program and process issues.
- Provides strategy and support for special Programmatic inspections by regulators and industry.
- Attends and represent PSEG Nuclear at industry conferences, training and meetings.
- Leads diverse teams in resolving station issues.
- Supports Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Supports the Engineering Duty Team
- BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) with 0-5 years Nuclear experience or equivalent.
- Recent graduates must possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 and provide a copy of their college transcript
- Good oral/communication for interfacing with a diverse work force
- Good written communication skills for development of Program documents, technical procedures and technical evaluations
- Possess excellent knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Must meet Nuclear's requirements for unescorted site access
- Five years Nuclear experience
- SRO license/certification, System, Program or Design Engineering experience
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas, ASME In-service Inspection, Flow Accelerated Corrosion, Fire Protection, Buried Pipe, In-service Testing, Appendix J, MRule and Valves (MOV,AOV, PSV, CV).
** The title and market reference point assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience from the interview process
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment:Nuclear, Nuclear Engineering, Compliance, Engineer, Design Engineer, Energy, Engineering, Legal