Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will function as a Software Developer in the tactical team for the SAS Visual Investigator product within SAS Fraud and Security Intelligence division. SAS Visual Investigator is a cloud-ready investigation and incident management solution that allows customers to analyze large structured and unstructured data sources. Users can create, triage and manage alerts; perform detailed investigations; and disseminate the resulting insights. The product provides a customizable platform for other SAS teams and external developers to create a new generation of investigative applications using the very latest SAS technologies.
- Assis SAS Technical Support team with customer issues
- Assist in customer implementations where required
- Assist the general SAS Visual Investigator community with issues they encounter
- Develop enhancements to SAS Visual Investigator in collaboration with product teams
- Coordinate with product test teams regarding performance testing and deployment
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 2 years of programming or testing experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems, including Windows and UNIX.
- Experience with popular databases - PostgreSQL, Oracle etc.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and diagnose Java stack traces
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience with Linux environment – shell scripting and some familiarity with sysadmin level tasks
- Experience managing timelines, project scope, disparate groups, resources, and customer expectations
- Experience with cloud platforms and container technologies - Cloud Foundry, Amazon, Docker, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure, or OpenStack
- Experience with products like Elasticsearch, Kafka
- Experience with HTML5 client development
- Experience in performance tuning JVM and data access via SQL
- Knowledge of SAS Architecture, SAS Platform, or SAS Solutions
- Experience in the Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, or Law Enforcement Domains
- Experience in developing large, distributed software using Java and related technologies involving:
- Microservice architecture
- Spring framework
- ORM technologies
- Message-oriented middleware
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn