MathWorks is looking for a smart, creative, and energetic Quality Engineer whose interest, curiosity, and passion drives testing solutions to enhance our application quality to new levels. Join our IT Quality Engineering team, responsible for implementing sophisticated testing tools and solutions to qualify a suite of business applications and provide high quality experience to our customers
· Work in an agile software development environment collaborating with engineering team to analyze project requirements to determine effective test strategies and test cases for new and existing functionality
· Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components and develop testing approaches (manual and automation)
· Design, develop, and document robust test automation framework, class libraries for UI, integrations, API and functional testing of the entire application
· Monitor and maintain automated regression suites/packages to be compliant with changing requirements and features
· Actively participate in functional, system and regression testing of Web, APIs and SaaS based applications
· Analyze and report bugs, and work with software engineers to resolve them
· Promote a culture of testing through automation
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience with Java
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
· Strong quality ethic and test-first attitude
· Great communication and teamwork skills
· Sound understanding of software engineering fundamentals with good knowledge of SOA application architecture; particularly RESTful services
· Ability to apply programing skills, design patterns and data structures to developautomated tests using open source tools such as Selenium, Puppeteer etc.
· Familiarity with unit test frameworks (Junit,TestNg), Maven and source control tools such as GIT, Perforce, SVN etc.
· Ability to quickly learn and apply new technical skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; must be detail-oriented, curious, and have strong critical thinking skills
· Familiarity with agile software development environment (Scrum) is a plus
· Familiarity with testing CRM, SaaS based application is a plus
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.