Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. We have a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
A $60Bn company with 2,200 stores, 23 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants make us one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores in 34 states serving 34 million customers, our foundation is our 20 well-known grocery banners with an eclectic and legendary history. Across the nation, we are moving the needle through innovation
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for an Associate Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Source various products and/or categories that are low to medium complexity and spend; utilizing the various standard sourcing processes adopted by the Strategic Sourcing Department.
* Direct and primary contact to stakeholders (Business Units) and suppliers on various categories/projects.
* Identify new suppliers for new and existing items including supplier relationship management.
* Develop and negotiate contract terms including executing and implementing contracts. Interface with Safeway's Legal Counsel as needed to obtain approval on legal terms.
* Gather bid data and analyze complex supplier proposals and make award recommendations to sourcing management and business units.
* Summarize financials and present recommendations to business unit and senior management.
* Analyze inventory liabilities on discontinued product.
* Conduct Industry analysis and identify industry trends.
* Facilitate and/or participate on cross-functional teams which support initiatives of their assigned business units and projects.
* Identify and execute cost savings initiatives that support the departments overall savings goal, deliver improved quality, cost, service, and innovation.
* Support and participate in the sourcing of Own Brands Innovation projects which include sourcing of New Items
* Support supplier transitions when required by monitoring liabilities, enabling supplier set-up and ensuring documentation is accurate and complete.
* Manage supplier relationships with primary responsibility for bringing resolution on a day to day issues related to pricing, product availability, and ongoing projects.
* Adhere to the Sourcing departments SOX policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in Business/Logistics preferred.
* 4 - 6 years' experience and the education listed above
* 4 years of negotiating contracts, managing strategic supplier alliances and buying/sourcing experience
Skills and Experiences:
* Strong ability to negotiate internally and externally to achieve required objectives and executes and implement contracts.
* Strong meeting management and facilitation skills.
* Good understanding or manufacturing, distribution and logistics.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good knowledge of sourcing systems and preferable e-sourcing technology.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access. Ability to understand and work with multiple enterprise wide systems.
* Working knowledge of contract law, government policies and regulations for the food and drug industry.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
* Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills.
* High energy level, initiative, creative problem-solving ability and sense of urgency.
* Excellent team interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while providing superior service.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and application by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled