We are looking for a NY-based Associate for our Strategic Service & Sales group which is dedicated to supporting firm sales initiatives, territory management, report generation and analysis, as well as prospecting. This is an opportunity to help the Internal/External sales force promote the sale of the firm’s proprietary investment services through third-party distribution channels while gaining an understanding of client needs and assisting with development of relevant sales ideas. Over time this role helps prepare and develop an individual for a potential role on the sales team.
The qualified candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, or Marketing, with excellence in academics and strong leadership experience. Two years of financial industry experience is preferred; however, relevant internship experience with demonstrated achievement will also be considered. Ideally we are interested in candidates that are client focused and detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast paced environment. Candidate should be a self-starter, possess strong analytical skills, and have an interest in mastering all aspects of the qualified plan industry and investment management business.
Candidate must be comfortable working independently while also collaborating as part of a team. Series 7 is not required; if not already licensed an opportunity will be given to obtain Series 7 & 63 licenses.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding our firm’s mission and values as well as product offerings in the U.S. retail qualified plan market
• Working closely with internal and external wholesalers to develop processes that will help support the team effectively
• Opportunity to develop sales skills by making prospecting calls to our clients to provide new leads for the sales team
• Conducting competitive analysis for the team to generate data for our clients to use to monitor and adjust investments
• Assisting the team in managing their territories to help keep them organized
Initial training is both formal instruction and on-the-job, and includes broad capital markets, AB products, services, procedures and policies, and consultative selling skills curriculum.
Location: New York City, NY United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status