Location: Irving, TX
The individual is responsible for administering, maintaining and supporting applications deployed across the SiriusXM CV on-premise and cloud platform infrastructure. The individual also works as part of a team to manage the security, configuration, deployment, and testing of various applications for all environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop, document, and maintain procedures for administering, maintaining, and supporting applications.
* Perform capacity planning and resource management for Web servers and Java Application servers.
* Implement procedures to ensure data integrity, configuration control, and systems reliability and availability. Support problem reporting, tracking, and analysis as requested.
* Identify, conceptualize, write, document, and implement UNIX shell, Perl, Windows Scripting, and additional programs necessary to monitor and administer the production application environment.
* Administer, maintain, remediate, and support deployed applications.
* Prepare activity and progress reports regarding the management of applications.
* Evaluate and perform system and application security patching and remediation.
* Exhibit excellent interdepartmental and intradepartmental communication skills while managing all operations shift duties and procedures.
* Function smoothly and efficiently in a team environment.
* Assist in determining root cause for service outages from an application perspective.
* Perform all other duties and projects assigned.
* Bachelor's degree computer science, system engineering, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Minimum of 2 years of direct application administration experience in a 24x7 services provider environment.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Utilizes sound decision making skills and communicates well with other team members and business users.
* Identifies problems and recommends solutions, performs triage in a team environment.
* Works independently as part of a team, including cross functional teams.
* Interact with IT, software engineering, and security at all levels.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to interface with a multitude of diverse personalities in a professional and consistent manner.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Knowledge and experience (2-3 years) with LINUX (preferably RHEL/CentOS) in a virtualized environment.
* Knowledge and experience (2-3 years) with Linux shell scripting or Python.
* Knowledge and experience (2-3 years) with Java security concepts, firewalls, certificate management / PKI and OpenSSL.
* Knowledge and experience (2+ years) with Java Web Services, SoapUI, XML.
* Knowledge and experience (2-3 years) with JBoss (EAP 6).
* Knowledge and experience (1-2 years) with Ansible.
* Terracotta / ehcache knowledge is a plus.
* Knowledge and experience (1-2 years) with AWS cloud platform, services, security, functions and processes is a plus.
* Knowledge and experience with networking concepts (Firewalling, Load Balancing).
* F5 and Brocade LB experience is a plus.
* Proficiency in documenting complex architectures and workflows for a wide technical audience using a mix of internal publishing tools (KB), MS Visio and MS Excel.
* Knowledge and end user experience of RDBM Systems; Oracle, DB2, MySQL, and Sybase.
* Knowledge and experience (1-2 years) with Systems and Application monitoring systems such as ZaaS / Zenoss and AppDynamics is a plus.
* Understanding of ITIL Service Management standards, tools, and processes in a service support/delivery model.
* ITIL foundations certification is a plus.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled