The Associate Technical Writer or Technical Writer is responsible for preparing documents for regulatory submission and/or publication, as well as coordinating and integrating feedback from subject matter experts. This is a collaborative role across a diverse range of technical competencies.
- Preparing reports and dossier sections; writing clear and concise summaries of relevant studies/data
- Reporting results in compliance with regulatory requirements; ensuring documents are accurate, complete, and formatted appropriately
- Receiving and reviewing source data from clients, drafting and distributing documents for review, and incorporating comments as needed
- Building, maintaining, and sharing practical knowledge in a growing, team-oriented, international working group
- Proactively communicating with cross-functional team members and clients to ensure timely sourcing of needed materials and data
- Managing multiple tasks and appropriately prioritizing assignments to meet project schedules
- Degree in agriculture, chemistry, biology, natural resources, or related scientific discipline
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong background in Microsoft Word; knowledgeable in Excel and Acrobat
- Flexibility to tackle varied types of work depending on client needs
- Experience in a Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulatory environment preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent written & oral communications skills required. Ability to persuade and negotiate for win-win solutions while serving customer needs. Ability to communicate respectfully and effectively with external customers as well as internal customers. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Equal Employment Opportunity
knoell USA is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.