Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Associate Underwriter (Personal Lines)
Are you seeking a company that offers comprehensive benefits that support healthy work-life balance, continuing education assistance, and fitness support? American National is the place for you! Underwriting Services is seeking a full-time team member, who finds job satisfaction when working in a collaborative team-environment and enjoys stimulating work that is crucial to the success of the organization. Associate Underwriters manage front-line communication and requests from the field force, building and maintaining professional relationships. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator who is comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, an effective multi-tasker, an efficient time manager, goal-oriented, and can perform both autonomously and as a team, while managing work assignments.
- Assume processing responsibility for assigned states and agencies, process policy changes via the computer system, review policy information, perform rating of vehicle drivers, and verify appropriate coverages
- Finalize data entry and authorizing issuance of policies via the computer system
- Maintain a working knowledge of the American National policy systems
- Maintain understanding of state guidelines, including available discounts, selection/rejection requirements, state specific forms, and updates to underwriting guidelines and rating factors
- Review required documentation for policy changes, following up with underwriters and modify policies when applicable
- Review new business applications for accuracy, determine if policies meet eligibility guidelines and accept, reject, and/or adjust coverage as necessary
- Assume responsibility for incoming inquiries via phone, email, and fax from agents and others, handle overflow phone inquiries via phone system
- Instruct agents on company guidelines and procedures, be an available resource to agents daily
- Research agent service problems/issues to conclusion, which may include communication across departments
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2-year completed degree, preferred
- Prior work experience in banking, administration, or customer service positions, desired
- Aptitude for research, detail, and negotiation
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, work environment
- Must be self-motivated with the desire to meet and exceed performance goals
- Must demonstrate the aptitude to learn various systems
- Must be a team-player, focused on the support of others
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Must have basic computer skills with work experience in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores