United Shore is a fast-growing company looking to add mortgage underwriters to our team. No experience? No worries! Eight weeks of extensive training will prep recent college graduates for this exciting industry with amazing career advancement potential.
Have a knack for numbers and superior people skills? You’re exactly the type of candidate we’re looking for. Possess a winning attitude and quick mind? Even better. All we ask of you is that you bring enthusiasm, a solid work ethic and a strong desire to learn. This is a very team-oriented position and we work closely together.
Interested in learning more? Read on.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Providing elite service to internal and external clients
- Communicating with clients on loan conditions and statuses via phone or video message
- Learning investor guidelines, lending policies, and the required documentation, policy and procedures of United Shore
- Applying knowledge and judgment to detailed loan analyses to offer effective underwriting alternatives to clients
- Developing strong computer skills, including internet knowledge
- Managing multiple priorities, while building rapport with clients
Take a look at this video to learn more about our Underwriting team!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Associate’s degree OR 1+ years of relevant mortgage experience
- Client service experience (phone)
- Willingness to learn and be coached
- Adaptable to a flexible, fast-changing industry
- Desire to collaborate in a friendly, team environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to accept accountability for any actions
- On-site attendance
- Bachelor’s degree in a business concentration or related field
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
United Shore is a diverse group of mortgage experts, sales superstars, tech gurus, marketing whizzes and more. We’re a $100 billion and growing, family owned and operated company that still feels like family. Our award-winning workplace just happens to be home to the #1 wholesale mortgage lender in the nation, United Wholesale Mortgage. And we believe in setting our team members up for success by creating a unique, energetic culture where you can be yourself and still reach your professional goals. Here are some of the reasons you’ll love working here:
- Large, state-of-the-art fitness center with a full-size basketball court, outdoor sand volleyball court, plus sports leagues
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician’s office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch, and a dedicated food truck
- Free fruit, soft drinks and coffee
- Convenience store featuring grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and indoor/outdoor café with Wi-Fi
- Escape room designed for team-building activities
- Indoor/outdoor putting greens