Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Associate Underwriter (Client Information File)
Are you detail-oriented and enjoy providing solutions? American National is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative team-player, who enjoys research and is self-motivated, seeking to provide an elevated level of service. If your qualifications and attributes align with this opportunity, please apply, today!
- Manage assigned states, process policy and account changes via the computer system, review policy and account information, perform rating of vehicle drivers, complete system referrals in accordance with established guidelines to ensure all policies are listed within the proper account, and authorize issuance of policies
- Analyze policyholder accounts and communicate with agents as-needed to determine proper account placement; determine appropriate action with risk score rating when reviewing new business policies, account splits, and account merging; determine when new risk scores should be ordered based upon household changes
- Review required documentation for policy and account changes; Following up with the underwriter to modify the policy when applicable-The process ultimately affects agent commissions and account-level discounts
- Instruct field personnel on company guidelines and procedures
- Research service problems and issues to conclusion, which may include communication with agents and internal departments
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2-year degree preferred
- Work experience in banking, administration, or customer service positions preferred
- Must demonstrate aptitude to learn various systems quickly and efficiently
- Enjoy working as a team-player in a fast-paced and supportive work environment
- Must be detail oriented with possess analytical skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office systems, preferred
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores