Experienced Associate Veterinarian Needed.
We believe happy healthy pets are an integral part of happy healthy communities! Intermountain Pet Hospital is looking for an experienced associate veterinarian who wants to make a difference in their community. We are an established 8 DVM multi-location practice located in a fast growing suburb of Boise, Idaho. We are currently looking for the right person to join our team and help us expand our services. This position does include some evening hours.
All members of our staff have a strong commitment to our core values of innovation, communication, and excellence. As a business we are purposeful about employee betterment, giving back to our community, and building strong relationships with each client and patient. We have a fear free culture for our patients, and strive to provide clients the best possible experience during each interaction they have with us.
Our practice is expanding and we are currently looking for a full time DVM to work at our Overland hospital. This location serves a great clientele in the Meridian area.
Experience, Education and/or Training
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or equivalent degree required.
- License in good standing with the applicable state veterinary board.
- License with the Drug Enforcement Agency required.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Significant continuing education achievements, beyond licensing requirements.
- Ability to recognize that teamwork is essential for a quality practice; ability to work as a team member as well as a doctor.
- Working knowledge of and interest in the business aspect of a veterinary practice.
- Willingness to stay after hours or work extra hours when needed.
- Interest in marketing and growth of the practice.
- Display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients.
- Perform basic computer skills, type 30 words per minute.
- Physical Effort : Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 40 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
- Working conditions : May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
The Boise area is not only a great place to work but also wonderful place to play and raise a family! There are numerous outlets for outdoor play and adventure including skiing, hiking, white water rafting, mountain biking and much more. Families love living in Boise for the affordable living, friendly community spirit, safety and the beautiful four seasons we enjoy.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years