Corporate and Investment Banking Coverage is responsible for cross-selling an array of the Institution’s services across strategically targeted U.S. commercial clients in various business sectors, essentially energy related commodities.
Credit and Portfolio Management supports North America Coverage in its marketing efforts across a diversified platform of strategically targeted corporate clients in various business sectors. The Energy & Natural Resources Coverage group manages a number of clients involved in the storage, transportation, marketing, trading and distribution of a wide range of commodities, mostly energy. The Commodity Account Management team ensures all counterparty risk issues for the client base are addressed.
The Commodity Account Management Team, located in the Credit and Portfolio Management Division, would have an ongoing, holistic view of the financial and operational position of the client to support and strengthen the credit analysis process.
Commodity Account Management is a central point of contact for the various bank stakeholders involved in the credit chain process, including direct communication with the clients, and managing the internal credit process with ongoing monitoring and trend analysis of the client. Commodity Account Management oversees the analysis and management of credit related deliverables through a client lifecycle (excluding structural alterations), including coordination with Risk.
Maintain and monitor credit quality of the Coverage portfolio.
• Monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of assigned client names in the commodities and energy value chain.
• Periodic review of borrower financial statements, press releases, news articles, industry information, rating reports, peer analysis, etc.
• Prepare credit proposals for assigned portfolio to be included in annual reviews, facility renewals, amendments, waivers, watch list reports, refinancing, and underwritings of new transactions.
• Coordinate the credit process with the relevant coverage, product and risk teams to ensure an efficient turnaround of transactions.
• Participate in client calls (including bank meetings) as needed for due diligence on assigned client names.
• Maintain reporting related to portfolio including deal flow, exposure tracking, and other general reports.
• Provide trend analysis (ongoing borrowing base and financial monitoring) to internal stakeholders which include coordination with ITO on collateral related activities.
• Daily management and oversight of associate and analyst deal/work flow to ensure the accuracy and quality of credit proposals and other credit related requests produced by the Commodity Account Management Team which include adherence to the Banks standards of analysis.
• Ensure that assigned tasks and workflow is processed in a timely manner.
• Review all aspects of credit proposals and confirmation of key data elements.
• Work with Coverage bankers and with product specialists to ensure deadlines are met with clients and to understand the client needs and purpose of requests.
• Anticipate credit issues and alert management on related topics.
• Monitor and follow-up of portfolio exception reporting.
• Participate or mobilize team on special projects as needed.
• Communicate and develop team spirit.
• Adhere to all of the Bank's policies and procedures, including Compliance / KYC / on-boarding procedures
• Manage coordination with CRCC, Audit and Regulatory group
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Understanding of the commodity trading and energy sectors and general banking practices.
• Deep understanding of banking regulations and operations
• Strong communication and presentation abilities in a client-facing environment
• Ability to deliver quality results against fast-paced deliverable deadlines
• Builds legitimacy with clients while preserving independence
• Is seen as role model by the entire team
• Ensure that team members understand and fulfill the firm's compliance and regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis
• Strong functional expertise in Risk and/or Finance
• Industry knowledge, including awareness of regulatory standards and familiarity with risk, regulatory or finance topics.
• Executive presence and demonstrated knowledge of credit analysis
• 3+ years of experience within Corporate and Investment Banking
• Past experience with commodity financing
• Formal credit training with an established financial institution
• MBA preferred