Job Title: Association Director
Providence Point, Issaquah WA
Providence Point is looking for a highly experienced and organized director who is an exceptional communicator, budget expert, successful people manager, capable negotiator, excellent problem solver, strategic thinker, innovative idea generator, and great with customer relationships to manage our association.
Providence Point is a vibrant, Active-55 condominium community situated in a park-like setting. The mission is to provide a balance of lifestyle, personal growth opportunities, physical activities, and a safe, relaxing atmosphere for Active-55 adults. The community offers residents a variety of clubs and activities, continuous education, swimming and exercise facilities, and social fun. This is not an assisted living community.
The community includes more than 1,300 residents and consists of 160+ buildings, containing 1,008 residential condominium units, plus common community buildings, and infrastructure. The grounds include 161 acres of landscaped and natural areas. The community is divided into seven villages, each with their own association including president and board. Overall governance for the community is provided by an Umbrella Board with officers and at least one director from each village. The on-site Property Management Office is staffed with 14 employees who handle the business of operating and maintaining the community and facilities.
The Association Director reports to the Umbrella Association Board President and is accountable to the Board of Directors. This position supervises the Facilities Manager and Operations Manager. This position is also the relationship manager to external companies and on-site contractors providing services to the Providence Point community.
- Develop and lead contract strategy planning and negotiations for third party services required in the community.
- Ongoing focus on process improvements and efficiencies with an emphasis on standardization across villages where feasible and identifying opportunities for cost reductions.
- Develop a strategic, long-term plan for maintenance, upgrade, and refresh of Common Facilities buildings – Town Hall, Club House, North Community Building, South Community Building.
- Work collaboratively with Board of Directors and Village Presidents to address issues, develop strategy and plans, and provide oversight throughout the community.
- Oversee contracts for major community and Property Management Office services including but not limited to:
- Security Contract
- Outside Accounting Contract
- Landscaping Contract
- WAVE (Broadband) Contract
- Real Estate Office and other office space Leases
- Annual Reserve Studies
- Biennial FHA/HECM Re-certification
- Information Technology and Webpage Support
- Coordinate Emergency Preparedness with city resources and community committee
- Manage Umbrella Association budget including annual preparation and monthly monitoring of costs and cash flow.
- Manage delinquencies and propose action plans to address them.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on issues dealing with Washington RCW condominium law and governing documents for Providence Point Umbrella Association and villages.
- Coordinate with legal counsel on community-related issues as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Implement and oversee the Records Management Policy for the community and individual villages.
- Effectively communicate status, recommendations, and ideas with a variety of stakeholders including Boards of Directors, Village Presidents, residents, and Property Management staff and contractors.
- Ensure appropriate staff management processes are in place for the organization.
- Prepare reports tracking KPI’s and other data as needed.
- Respond as needed to after-hour emergency situations that require immediate action.
- Ensure documentation and operating procedures for the Property Management Office functions are developed and accurate.
- A college graduate with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 15 years management experience with responsibility for overseeing staff, providing customer relationship management, and successfully handling a challenging range of duties, projects, and initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and a track record of identifying opportunities and recommended solutions for improvement.
- Experience preparing and managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Significant experience negotiating and overseeing contracts
- Significant experience managing teams with diverse skills, experience, and charters
- Significant experience with successfully implementing process changes and redesigns impacting staff and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Willingness to become quickly knowledgeable in RCW Condominium Law and Providence Point governing documents.
- Community management certifications and knowledge of condominium law are a plus
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Active driver’s license.
Position Open Until Filled. For priority consideration, please apply by January 4, 2019.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Cover letter should highlight work experience relevant to the responsibilities and qualifications for this position and your salary requirements. Resume should include work history, education, and any relevant certifications.