Asst Facilities Director
Jewish Educational Alliance
5111 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31405
Looking for a self-motivated individual with broad experience in building maintenance, working with a team in support of community programs, and the flexibility to work within an ever-changing schedule of events. General duties for this position include:
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways and windows.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Opens and closes (schedule dependent) building according to security procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Assists in shipping and receiving of library supplies and materials.
- Provides assistance to members, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
- Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
- Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Sunday rotation as required
This Full Time position includes Center membership (and all the associated discounts), medical benefits, and vacation.
Applications available at JEA Front Desk, 5111 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA 31405 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.orgMinimum Qualifications:
- The skills and knowledge would be generally acquired with graduation from high school and two years experience in building cleaning and maintenance work, including responsibility for mechanical equipment repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to supervise other staff.
- Ability to relate to staff, and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from twenty-five to fifty pounds.
Where can you find a preschool, health club, racquetball court, gym, and pool in the same facility? Where can your mother join in on senior programs with other older adults, and your son play in a basketball league with all of his buddies? What if you were able to drop your kids off at day camp, book a personal training session, and then meet your friends for a Zumba or Yoga class? All this and more happens every day at the JEA of Savannah.
Discover your community at the Jewish Educational Alliance. Since 1912, the JEA has been dedicated to ensuring a strong and vibrant Jewish life and community for generations to come. Our summer camp and wide array of enriching activities provide opportunities for you to discover your community through innovative programs designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to adults. Regardless of your age, faith or background, you?re welcome here. So please, explore our website and stop by for a tour of the JEA. We look forward to serving you.
With over 250 locations across the Nation, we are lucky that there's a JCC right here in our community!