Director of Rooms
This exciting opportunity is located in New Orleans, LA at the HGI French Quarter/CBD
Ensure that all operational objectives are met daily. Meet and exceed all departmental financial responsibilities. Provide the highest level possible of guest relations and customer service. Responsible for organization, cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel.
· Oversee the responsibilities of the Front Office Department, the Housekeeping Department, and all operational staff.
· Promote unity and teamwork throughout all operational departments.
· Communicate with guests in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
· Manage operational teams to maximize the guest experience, exceed expectations and efficiently complete daily departmental objectives.
· Assist with all guest disputes and work with guests to find an equitable solution for their problems.
· Closely monitors day-to-day operations.
· Adheres to staffing and budget guidelines.
· Assists in budgeting and monthly planning.
· Ensures all service standards are met and adhered to.
· Regularly inspects public areas and guestrooms.
· Facilitates consistent quality of service to exceed guest expectations.
· Supervises performance, attendance, appearance and conduct of staff.
· Maintains and manages the proper practice of standard operating procedures.
· Tactically works with Sales, Engineering, Housekeeping, Accounting and Reservations as well as Spa to maximize guest satisfaction.
· Reviews, coordinates and oversees guest arrivals and departures.
· Oversees all operational financial responsibilities.
· Monitors guest accounts and room inventory.
· Can master familiarity with the computer operating system as related to scope of position.
· Is educated and familiar with local and area recreational, dining, and cultural activities and attractions.
· Attends weekly departmental meeting as necessary.
· Provides information and corresponds with properties as needed.
· Maintains a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
· Must have minimum of two years hotel front office management.
· Requires a strong background of supervisory experience.
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven track record resolving guest problems and expediting solutions
· Understands daily hotel operations and systems.
· Must read, write and speak the English language.