MISSION / SUMMARY:
The role is a leadership position in the finished products department and work directly for the No. 3 Paper Machine Manager. The successful candidate has a working knowledge of the overall paper machine department and understands the processes. The successful candidate will understand and align business operations and the paper machine as he/she executes their role to exceed expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Promotes safety and engagement in daily leadership; viewed as a safety leader by team members
- Provide leadership, clear direction, and develop personal accountability to maintain a satisfactory work environment for all employees by treating each employee with respect and dignity and holding others to the same standard
- Work with the Paper Machine Manager to implement appropriate processes and systems to improve machine operations and quality
- Active participant in the team’s MWS meetings and works to drive improvement
- Continuously improve the operation by staying current with new technologies, implementing best practices, identifying non-value-added elements and modeling continuous process improvement
- Ensure that training systems are in place and utilize to develop the workforce
- Work with quality and other departments to execute product trials
- Demonstrated ability of being a technical resource for paper machine and chemical stock prep personnel
- Ability to implement, lead and sustain change
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3 years a paper machine experience preferred
- Industrial/manufacturing experience required
- Pulp & Paper Mill experience preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership of a team or crew a plus
SKILLS:Skills include but not limited to the following.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word and Outlook
- SAP Business Software Knowledge preferred
- The incumbent must provide strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
- General schedule is M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Managing through Systems
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.