Assists in overseeing all aspects of Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse operations. Directs the daily activities of 11 personnel and ensures compliance with all customer policies and procedures. Works to resolve Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse related issues with Purchasing, Records, Financial Services, vendors, and customers. Ensures the safety, cleanliness, and security of the receiving dock and warehouse. Provides monthly performance metrics and other operational reports as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Oversees all incoming deliveries and ensures accurate documentation of goods receipts. Works closely with trucking companies to schedule pickups and deliveries. Responsible for import documentation necessary to process overseas purchases through the customs broker. Works with the Property Office to identify and tag all property numbered items, and secures all deliveries until signed for by the recipient. Ensures prompt delivery of items to the recipient with particular attention given to Next and 2nd Day Air deliveries. Coordinates the delivery of heavy or bulky items with Facilities Services.
• Responsible for all aspects of the shipping process including pickup, packing, and proper documentation of shipments. Coordinates and schedules all large scale and special shipments to and from, with various transportation vendors. Responsible for reviewing all shipping invoices and assigning proper payment accounts. Ensures that all procedures and regulations are followed for international and hazardous materials shipments. Maintains stock of shipping supplies including boxes, tape, and packing materials.
• Responsible for all materials and property entering and exiting the warehouse and for coordinating all movements with Utility and/or the Property Office as necessary. Ensures all items are properly documented in the warehouse management system, and maintains the warehouse in a neat and orderly manner. Maintains the surplus furniture web page and works with the community and Utility to process all surplus furniture requests.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• AS or higher-level degree or equivalent required.
• Five years of applicable work experience required
• Strong knowledge of hazardous materials shipping regulations and procedures including 49 CFR and IATA DGR required
• Knowledge of international shipping regulations and documentation including ITAR/EAR, AES/EEI, and commercial invoices required
• Experience with ERP systems required, experience with SAP ECC highly desirable
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills required
• Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required
• Active Secret Clearance
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Events
- Vacation/paid time off
- On Site Cafeteria
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Military Leave
- Professional Development