Primarily responsible for freight processing and merchandising functions within the store and is accountable for merchandising and storeroom organization standards. Leads, directs, and at times, actively participates in various aspects of the merchandising process, including freight prep, truck unload, stocking, re-lays, financial management, and inventory control. Leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the sales floor, when serving as the Manager on Duty. Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
1. Leads and directs activities related to truck unload, freight flow, backroom organization, ticketing merchandise, stocking shelves, and reconciliation of inventory transactions according to operational and merchandising standards.
2. Leads and supervises freight team.
3. Establishes plans to accomplish merchandising initiatives and achieve defined goals.
4. Utilizes company tools, reports and feedback to effectively analyze trends and refine plans.
5. Ensures that the appearance of the store's interior and exterior are maintained to standards, primarily regarding merchandise presentation and signage.
6. Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations of associates in collaboration with store leadership.
7. Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates, including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
8. Assists with store scheduling and payroll processes on a daily and weekly basis.
9. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
3. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
4. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 to 45 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
5. Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
6. Excellent organizational, communication, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
7. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
8. Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
9. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.