Open Until Filled
Use your skills to make a difference in your community! This part-time position, working up to 69 hours per month, promotes positive health outcomes for the participants of the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program through nutrition assessment, breastfeeding promotion and support and program referrals in Park and Big Horn Counties, with main clinics in Powell, Cody and Lovell. The individual in this position provides quality care to WIC participants by developing caring and compassionate relationships within the healthcare community and by offering evidence-based nutrition education and breastfeeding support. This position ensures compliance with federal and state regulations.
Human Resource Contact: 307/684-5511 ext 301 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Develops and documents care plans for high-risk and low-risk participants, including goal setting, behavior modification, and plans for follow-up
- Conducts bi-annual participant nutrition assessments, including anthropometric measurements and hematologic testing.
- Appropriately assigns nutrition risks based on WIC Program Policy and Procedure.
- Collaborates in the community regarding nutrition and breastfeeding initiatives to determine the current needs of target populations.
- Determines WIC eligibility for WIC applicants.
- Assists in coordinating participant care and referrals.
- Assigns and educates participants in individualized food packages based on medical need and physician documentation.
- Serves as nutrition and breastfeeding resources within the local community.
- Provides individual and group nutrition and breastfeeding education.
- May assist with ordering, inventory, maintenance, and issuance of local agency equipment, products, and supplies in accordance with State WIC Policy and Procedure.
- Keeps current on nutrition and breastfeeding education.
- Presents a positive attitude toward healthy eating and breastfeeding.
- Assists with organizing community outreach efforts between the WIC Program and community organizations serving similar demographics.
- Models and facilitates the integration of cultural sensitivity and health equity.
- May assist with the development and implementation of the local agency annual nutrition education plans to address breastfeeding and nutrition priorities.
- May serve as a local agency high-risk nutrition counselor and/or breastfeeding coordinator and/or peer counselor site facilitator.
- May serve as a local agency vendor (grocery store) coordinator.
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Powell, Wyoming
Agency: 048-Public Health - Community Health - Women, Infant and Children (WIC)